2017 Fog Light Forscan Check

richey

Reaction score
City, State
Eagle River, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU
2017 PIU
Hey there! I am trying to hook up OEM fog lights on my 2017 non-eqipped. Everything is wired per the 2017 wiring diagram but enabling front fogs in Forscan does not work. I found which BCM As-Built blocks are for the fogs and I was hoping to find someone with a 2017 which came factory equipped with front fogs who can plug in Forscan and let me know what values they have.

The blocks I am looking for are at the bottom of the BdyCM as-built page.

726-70-01
726-70-02

Thanks to anyone who has a moment to check for me. I am working on a video to help folks out with doing this same thing and will give you a shout out for your help.

Hey there! I am trying to hook up OEM fog lights on my 2017 non-eqipped. Everything is wired per the 2017 wiring diagram but enabling front fogs in Forscan does not work. I found which BCM As-Built blocks are for the fogs and I was hoping to find someone with a 2017 which came factory equipped with front fogs who can plug in Forscan and let me know what values they have.

The blocks I am looking for are at the bottom of the BdyCM as-built page.

726-70-01
726-70-02

Thanks to anyone who has a moment to check for me. I am working on a video to help folks out with doing this same thing and will give you a shout out for your help.
Let’s try a little troubleshooting so maybe I can get a better idea on how to help.

Your 2017, what trim is it? If it’s base trim, chances are yes you’ll need the wiring harness as well as the fog light switch. Keep in mind, just because there is the wiring harness there doesn’t mean it’s ready to go on some circumstances. I would go back and check if any of the wires are hot and so forth. If none of the wires are hot, then probably you’ll need to swap the harness for a proper one but I’ll wait for your reply!

Let’s try a little troubleshooting so maybe I can get a better idea on how to help.

Your 2017, what trim is it? If it’s base trim, chances are yes you’ll need the wiring harness as well as the fog light switch. Keep in mind, just because there is the wiring harness there doesn’t mean it’s ready to go on some circumstances. I would go back and check if any of the wires are hot and so forth. If none of the wires are hot, then probably you’ll need to swap the harness for a proper one but I’ll wait for your reply!
I have the wiring diagrams and have the harness installed. everything is where it should be. Pretty sure its a BCM programming issue. It's on a Police Interceptor.

I have the wiring diagrams and have the harness installed. everything is where it should be. Pretty sure its a BCM programming issue. It's on a Police Interceptor.

Okay, just note that the interceptor models are pretty much bare bones (I’ve owned a quite a bit of interceptors in my time), I remember for the FPIU models—the harness needed to be switched out and change the light knob switch control as well. I will double check my FORScan sheet and report back shortly

Back