2017 Sport Prices Paid | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Sport Prices Paid

Stick to your guns, they will come down. I had contacted every dealer in our area through e-mail and phone and had them all working against each other. I hate buying a car, but I also like a good deal!

Once I agreed on the price with dealer 1 they had to go find the metallic 401a that I wanted. It took them over 2 weeks with no luck so I went and found it myself. Dealer 2 agreed to match the price from dealer 1, so I drove an hour and 15 minutes out to make the deal. Once I got there their deal was 4k over what we had agreed on. We left and went to dealer 3 the next day and they played were very honest with us. Academy Ford in Maryland e-mailed me a price quote that was competitive with everyone else and stuck to it. Took us less than an hour to sign paperwork and they had my truck delivered the next day.

Long story short, you'll get your price if you're patient. (as long as it's reasonable)

Yeah, its a good idea to email and phone call bunch of local and out of state dealers and negotiate a deal without going to every one of them. Then you bounce the best offer to other dealerships and see if they match it (most dealerships should be willing to match offers if they are legit and in writing). Non of the tri coat white were available without a sunroof, got the same great deal, so I ordered mine from factory and had to wait 6 weeks unit it was built but I had a little time to wait and thought that it would be cooler to get a brand new from factory with a latest date of manufacturing instead of the ones that were standing on the lot for 3-6 month. I got lucky cause I got LED fog lamp package which was not available at the first 6 month of the new redesign 16 models.
The thing is, you need an email confirmation with a final sale price and the sellers name on it. If you bring that letter of confirmation in then they should honor it.

Yeah, its a good idea to email and phone call bunch of local and out of state dealers and negotiate a deal without going to every one of them. Then you bounce the best offer to other dealerships and see if they match it (most dealerships should be willing to match offers if they are legit and in writing). Non of the tri coat white were available without a sunroof, got the same great deal, so I ordered mine from factory and had to wait 6 weeks unit it was built but I had a little time to wait and thought that it would be cooler to get a brand new from factory with a latest date of manufacturing instead of the ones that were standing on the lot for 3-6 month. I got lucky cause I got LED fog lamp package which was not available at the first 6 month of the new redesign 16 models.
The thing is, you need an email confirmation with a final sale price and the sellers name on it. If you bring that letter of confirmation in then they should honor it.

I was offered a left over 2016 for 40k out the door, but they didnt want to honor it. Now im stuck thinking that I can get that price somewhere else, or that i could even get a 2017 for like 44k out the door.

I was offered a left over 2016 for 40k out the door, but they didnt want to honor it. Now im stuck thinking that I can get that price somewhere else, or that i could even get a 2017 for like 44k out the door.
If you're looking at a Sport, a basic 2017 Sport with the 400A equipment package is shown on the Ford website as being $44,050.

Peter

Back