are we kidding???? Attempted break-in | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

are we kidding???? Attempted break-in

Wow.. breaking in during a storm so you'll think it's the weather. What will they try next? :(

Looks like no more bypassing the shock sensor during a thunderstorm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would have chased them and beat the holy living hell out of them.

Sounds reasonable.Just tackle them before they pass or leave your property line.
U dont want to get any blood on public property.
Oh- and after U BTLHOOT, put a screwdriver in there hands and call the police.

I have a story about motion lights, and how they don't always scare anyone off. I have 6 vehicles in my yard, and have lived here for 9 years with no problem. Never even thought anyone would try to mess with my stuff. I had motion lights all around the vehicles. 2 years ago, I go outside at 6 in the morning to go to work, day after Labor Day. One of my vehicles is a 99 Ranger. It was sitting on bricks, all 4 wheels were gone. It took my mind a minute to register that my truck was on the ground. It was a weird feeling. Oh, and the motion lights? They had unscrewed ALL of them. I also had a Camaro and a Mustang, both with 18" chrome wheels, that weren't touched. Apparently, they just wanted Ranger wheels. So here's some advice before you put your faith in motion lights. Do what I did right after that.....put motion sensors in your yard that go off anytime something moves. I have the base unit right by my bed. They're wireless and don't go off with animals unless they're big. It took me several months to be able to sleep again, knowing someone just came in my yard while I was sleeping and did that. I also removed the motion lights and put sealed dusk to dawn lights in. And, I now have wireless cameras hooked up that I can see my whole yard, front and back, on the big screen tv in my bedroom. So if the alarm goes off, I turn the tv on to see if it's anything. If it ever is, I now have my rifle right by my bed with a bullet in the chamber. I don't like the feeling it gave me to go thru that, I feel for you. It's just like being burglarized I would guess. You lose your sense of security. Anyway, I hope the things I did help other people before they go thru it. Good luck man!

Marty sounds like you have the yard covered. Just dont shoot your loaded rifle unless you are in danger.

ditto...it took me 2 break-ins to figure out i NEED an alarm.
my truck was broken into 2 times within 2 months in my own freakin driveway!!!
subs, amp, deck, money, 2 windows...not fun to replace.
i keep a 3 foot long cheater bar by my door now for those midnight alerts, when i go outside i carry it hoping to see somebody running...:p:

but they know not to mess with you again. :D

Marty sounds like you have the yard covered. Just dont shoot your loaded rifle unless you are in danger.
Marty U really want a shotgun.A rifle is not very effective and the projectile can go for a very long distance.You could hit someone on the next house or street. Recommend a 20 gauge with #6 shot.4-10's are also good for home defense. Also put a read-able sign on your property in English and Spanish that reads. YOU LOOT WE SHOOT.

got everything fixed and back to normal.. got both drivers side and passenger side door lock actuators replaced, they work so much better brand new... also had 2 bad dents removed, they did a great job on the dents!

IMG00986.jpg

shows the rivet for the new actuator..
IMG00989.jpg

here were the dents before.. they were more like creases, they were so bad that the paint had cracked from them

untitled-1.jpg

and here is the after picture..

IMG00987.jpg

Nice work!

Got any full shots of it? Looks like a badass ride!

you couldnt grab one of them? I know you probably are glad you didnt cuase he would be in the hospital now

Back