2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

HitchHammer 2019 (Standard Size 11.5") - Super Duty Rear Hitch Mounted Rubber Bumper Guard. Flexible Rubber - Black Edition, CHECK THIS OUT ON AMAZON.
You didn’t provide a hyperlink, but that text yields this item on Amazon:
FF99FCBF-EB09-4971-9397-26D902520C90.jpeg

Your pics look. . . different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, I am unable to find this store on the internet. Do you have a link to their web site? Thanks
I'm sorry they don't have a link to their store.

Received the OEM rear cargo mat that covers the third row seats. Out of all the cargo mats I have purchased over the years, this is by far the thinnest, cheapest one. It arrived rolled up in a rectangle box. I laid it out in the back of the explorer and had to put stuff in all the corners to help flatten it out. The edges have creases from shipping which hopefully will go away after a few days. I guess the good news is it can be rolled up if you need to use the 3rd row seats.

Take a look at my post under this link, post 16 shows the Maxiliner in place.
2020 Rear Cago Liner, behind 2nd row of seats
TBill

Doing anything special with the rear license plate cover? I was thinking about this but would have preferred the “performance” be in red.

View attachment 172324

Seriously thinking about forking out the $150/5yrs for this plate.
View attachment 172325
I bought the same one on Amazon and mine is red. Same price too...maybe out of stock. The red looks great try to find it...

For those with the ST valve caps in this thread, better check yours. All 4 of mine were fused to the valve stem from corrosion. I was able to break 3 loose and the 4 had to use vice grips and chewed parted the stem.

Happened to see this on the bottom of their product page today .

"Note: Although this premium aluminum tire caps are anodized and resistant to corrosion, they can fuse to the tire valve stem if not cared for properly. Prior to installation, apply lubrication oil to help prevent fusion. The valve caps may fade when exposed to the sun for a long time."

For those with the ST valve caps in this thread, better check yours. All 4 of mine were fused to the valve stem from corrosion. I was able to break 3 loose and the 4 had to use vice grips and chewed parted the stem.

Happened to see this on the bottom of their product page today .

"Note: Although this premium aluminum tire caps are anodized and resistant to corrosion, they can fuse to the tire valve stem if not cared for properly. Prior to installation, apply lubrication oil to help prevent fusion. The valve caps may fade when exposed to the sun for a long time."
I change mines a couple of days after buying my truck

I change mines a couple of days after buying my truck

Just for clarification, I'm referring to these that we bought aftermarket, not the factory caps.

38930BE8-8E6E-4A4D-80A0-8FC529D10499.jpeg

Personally, I’m watching the Husky site for floor mats and Weathertech for mud flaps.
I got the Ford all weather mats with the Platinum and was impressed. They are heavy duty go up the sides and actually cover the drivers whole foot rest.

Bought these lug nuts on Amazon for $95. Fits and looks great! Gorilla Automotive 96643BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 20-Pack)
Got a pic of them installed ?

Peter - and everyone else who has researched deeply the 2020 Explorers - I was wondering if you knew if they already came with a cargo shade [cover] or not. Or, are there even slots for a shade so one might be purchased later? I've always had a a shade in my previous non Ford SUV's, but we are making the switch at some point to a 2020 Explorer and like the idea of having our stuff not visible from the outside.

In my research and all the pictures/videos I have seen, I couldn't find them as something standard and no place to add as an accessory.

I believe [please don't hold me to this] for the previous gen, they were available.

Thank you all...
I purchased this one. It's not perfect, but it's way better than nothing at all.
BB5Z7845440AA

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Factory-Ford-Explorer-Security/dp/B00OJ8VGZ2

It's not a perfect fit. There are flaps on each side that are supposed to attach to the interior panel at the rear windows, but this would block the side defroster vents.
IMG_0771[1].JPG
IMG_0773[1].JPG
IMG_0772[1].JPG
IMG_0774[1].JPG
Thank you TMM! Didn't know this existed.

If possible, would you be able to take a picture or two showing it installed/in use?

Jay

Just for clarification, I'm referring to these that we bought aftermarket, not the factory caps.

View attachment 177694
I like those, where did you get those from. I ask the FORDS PARTS guy and he was talking about 148.00 for each one, CRAZY!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back