2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roof rack rails showed up today :)

IMG_9415.jpeg

IMG_9416.jpeg

Genuine OEM ford rails from Tasca parts.

I wish Tasca would update their site for the 2020 Explorer search. Good thing that you guys are smart and kind enough to show your part numbers so we can order. My ST better get here soon...my parts pile is building up in the den:)

I wish Tasca would update their site for the 2020 Explorer search. Good thing that you guys are smart and kind enough to show your part numbers so we can order. My ST better get here soon...my parts pile is building up in the den:)

It takes quite a while for dealers to show the latest model year. I am not sure why. But if you go to Ford Parts dot com, you can browse all the accessories for the 2020.

I like these better

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Dustpr...ords=Ford+ST&qid=1566141923&s=gateway&sr=8-11

I likened these but the reviews show you see the gold threads (they are not long enough)

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Dustpr...ords=Ford+ST&qid=1566141994&s=gateway&sr=8-11

I do like the ones you linked and the pic shows it goes down to the rubber part of the set (if the pic is legit).

I really want the modified BOV done. I know some owners did it on the 3.5 Sport.. hopefully someone comes out with a kit or replacement BOV to increase its sound and effectiveness.

And as much as I am against aftermarket intakes (throwing money away for just sound), I really want to throw my money away lol. I think with how quickly this thing revs.. the throatier intake sound will look great.

PS - I'm going to play with Forscan today and see if I can get the damn double honk to shut off when you leave it running with the fob in your pocket.

I had a turbosmart on my Escape, it was cool for awhile, my wife called it Willy (as in the Whale), said it sounded like a whale surfacing.

I did change out the paper air filter for a fabric Green Filter (PN 7035). Not sure I will do anything along the lines of a CAI, most don't really provide any benefit over the very well made stock air boxes.

I am waiting for Borla to come out with a Cat Back system though.

While your in ForScan, see if you can default the drive mode to either last used or other than normal like sport.

I had a turbosmart on my Escape, it was cool for awhile, my wife called it Willy (as in the Whale), said it sounded like a whale surfacing.

I did change out the paper air filter for a fabric Green Filter (PN 7035). Not sure I will do anything along the lines of a CAI, most don't really provide any benefit over the very well made stock air boxes.

I am waiting for Borla to come out with a Cat Back system though.

While your in ForScan, see if you can default the drive mode to either last used or other than normal like sport.

I am not a forscan expert so have no idea where to even begin when looking at that stuff.

Check these out.. yes even more pricey but I do like them. Had to laugh at the "anti theft" part.

Car Styling Tire Valve Stem Caps For ST Logo For Ford Focus Fiesta Ecosport Tierra Mondeo Mustang Edge Rim Sticker Carbon Fiber

There are some impressive CAI designs for the 3.0 in the Lincolns. I can see something like this actually being beneficial, especially if tuning.

Ultimate Performance CAI for 17 MKZ 3.0 TT

Those are too bling for me haha.

Ill mess around with ForScan once my A/C issue is settled. I have a tuner sitting in my office but I'm not going to touch it until I know if I'm keeping or exchanging my ST for another.

That MKZ CAI box looks legit. Its nice to see the duct to the front. Too often they just open up to the engine compartment and suck hot air. They only show gains on the dyno as the hood is open and fans blowing on them. Many times the factory air boxes will outperform aftermarket "CAI" boxes.

Looking under the hood of the Explorer ST, someone is going to need to be creative, not a lot of room to work with there.

Ill mess around with ForScan once my A/C issue is settled. I have a tuner sitting in my office but I'm not going to touch it until I know if I'm keeping or exchanging my ST for another.

That MKZ CAI box looks legit. Its nice to see the duct to the front. Too often they just open up to the engine compartment and suck hot air. They only show gains on the dyno as the hood is open and fans blowing on them. Many times the factory air boxes will outperform aftermarket "CAI" boxes.

Looking under the hood of the Explorer ST, someone is going to need to be creative, not a lot of room to work with there.

Yes.. CAI intakes for most vehicles are not truly CAI.. I remember my ex g/f's Civic SI and it literally went into the fender and dropped down . It sucked the air in from the lower portion of the fender. Anything sucking air in under the hood is No Bueno. And again, unless you are tuned for an intake, you generally will not see gains as the air intake is controlled electronically. With the fake audio engine sound, I figured a little throatier intake sound would be welcoming as long as it is reasonable priced. No way I'm going to spend $250 for just sound.

So hooked up Forscan, played with a couple things. Was going to change the display to the Mustang startup and see what my wife says lol. Also tried the "mirrors turn down" when in reverse but that didn't actually happen. I also noticed that the global down was active but global up wasn't (I think. or it was the other way around) so I activated both. However when I tried global down via the FOB, the windows wouldn't roll down.

I'm going to sticky a FORSCAN thread for us to discuss.

I did all that on my Escape and most of it worked. Good call on the sticky.

Laser etched leather with DLC coated titanium key ring (stupid amazon).

A8DAA094-2B10-4C0C-BE31-1D1E516C391F.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back