2020 Platinum Portrait Screen issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Platinum Portrait Screen issues

jragones

Reaction score
City, State
PORTSMOUTH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Purchased new 2020 Platinum about 1 year ago and experiencing continuing issues with Portrait screen blinking on and off immediately after start-up in the mornings. There was a recall associated with camera (cameras blue screened periodically) that required a "software update". However, blinking on an off continued. The frequency: every couple seconds; black for couple sec, then comes back on... over and over. Eventually it stops occurring after 15-30 minutes. Vehicle is still under warranty; brought back to dealer; yet another software reset/update (?).... ; yet, still have problem.... Anyone else experiencing this or have had the issue resolved? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't seen this issue before. About the only thing i can say is to make sure that your SYNC software is running the newest version 21194.

I haven't seen this issue before. About the only thing i can say is to make sure that your SYNC software is running the newest version 21194.
Thanks. Where do I check Ver? And if update needed, is that a dealer install? I believe they may have done that on last attempt.
This seemed to have begun when we experienced freezing temps back in Nov. Seems like a connection issue to me; cold shrinking con

Thanks Dale5403

Purchased new 2020 Platinum about 1 year ago and experiencing continuing issues with Portrait screen blinking on and off immediately after start-up in the mornings. There was a recall associated with camera (cameras blue screened periodically) that required a "software update". However, blinking on an off continued. The frequency: every couple seconds; black for couple sec, then comes back on... over and over. Eventually it stops occurring after 15-30 minutes. Vehicle is still under warranty; brought back to dealer; yet another software reset/update (?).... ; yet, still have problem.... Anyone else experiencing this or have had the issue resolved? Thanks.
This is about the only issue I haven’t had. Uggg. Good luck getting it fixed!

That doesn't sound like a software issue. It sounds like an intermittent hardware problem that goes away once something heats up. Could be anything from a harness / connector problem, bad solder joint, electronic part failure.

Back