2021 Explorer 2.3L Down-pipe upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer 2.3L Down-pipe upgrade

ncalder97

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer XLT 2.3L
I bought my 2021 Explorer with the 2.3L EB with the intention of driving it stock, then building it after a year or 2. (I know a lot of the stuff will have to be custom and I'm fine with that). I want to do this because, its a family vehicle that I can put my kids and dog in, and at least in my situation I can't justify 55-65k on an ST. Also, I wanted something that not a lot of people do, and I know this engine can handle power relatively well. My 2018 EB Mustang made 360 at the wheels on the stock bottom end, nothing insane over stock power, but its something (drove it like that for 68k miles as my daily, never had and issue, then traded it towards the Explorer). I'm wanting to do a full custom exhaust that is 2.75"-3" (my 2018 Focus ST 2.0L EB optimum flow is a 3" exhaust, same for the 2.3L EB Mustang and Ranger when pushing more than stock).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows if a down-pipe (or after market high flow down-pipe) on the EB Ranger or Mustangs would have clearance issues installing on a 2020+ 2.3L Explorer? (I'm going to make a 2.75" - 3" custom exhaust anyways).

welcome to EF!

Back