• Register Today It's free!

2021 XLT Mods

carbonized

Reaction score
City, State
LA, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone, I recently picked up my 2021 XLT... big upgrade from my 2016 XLT (Bone Stock), but I want to go even crazier. I see Borla makes an exhaust for the 2.3... K&N makes a cold air intake, so that’s that. But what else can I do?

What sized wheels will fit this thing?

How can I lower it? What specifically will work?

Who has the best tune? 91 max.

Any turbo upgrades?

I heard I can’t fit the ST intercooler... any updates on that? Maybe someone made something for the 2.3?

Anything else to make the car run/look better? Let’s just say we have a $10k budget (saying that just for fun LOL) Lmk! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I told my wife that I would put some plus zeros on it with offset and run staggered wheels on the rear. The 2020 plus Explorer has a cool stance and would look good with some Method wheels on them in Bronze or Gold to go with the matte colors they offer on them.

Welcome to the Forum carbonized. :wave:

Peter

Hey everyone, I recently picked up my 2021 XLT... big upgrade from my 2016 XLT (Bone Stock), but I want to go even crazier. I see Borla makes an exhaust for the 2.3... K&N makes a cold air intake, so that’s that. But what else can I do?
Have you confirmed the CAI for the 6th gen 2.3L engine?

Peter

What sized wheels will fit this thing?

How can I lower it? What specifically will work?

Who has the best tune? 91 max.

Any turbo upgrades?

I heard I can’t fit the ST intercooler... any updates on that? Maybe someone made something for the 2.3?

Anything else to make the car run/look better? Let’s just say we have a $10k budget (saying that just for fun LOL) Lmk! Thanks!
Update: I know 5 Star makes a tune… but that’s it. Cmon guys what else do we have? Any other branded exhaust?

Back