• Register Today It's free!

2021 XLT Speaker Size

shootydooks

Reaction score
City, State
Taylor Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone know what the speaker size is on this model? Looking at upgrading the factory speakers, I'm on crutchfield and I'm seeing two different sizes listed a 6 3/4 and 6 1/2 for both and rear speakers. Site says both will fit. Not an audiophile, but I would love something that sounds better than the factory stuff. I just want to make sure I have the correct size before purchasing. Thanks.

Before you get too far into it, I just want to point out that throwing new speakers in by themselves is probably not worth the money you'll spend to do it. You're still going to be on the factory amp which won't drive many of those aftermarket speakers sufficiently enough to make any noticeable difference. You really need to install an aftermarket amp to drive aftermarket speakers, but that becomes expensive because you'll also need a line level converter to tap off the audio signal from the head unit. There's just no easy or cheap way to noticeably improve the sound in these vehicles.

That being said, I believe Ford is a 4 hole 6 3/4" speaker design, but I can't confirm on the sixth gen. 6 1/2" speakers are probably listed because some speakers come with adapters to make them fit in SOME 6 3/4" applications.

Back