2023 Explorer Limited ordered Late August 2022 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Explorer Limited ordered Late August 2022

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer Limited
Order went in late August. In September he received notice it was going to get built week of Nov 28, 2022. No notification of any deletes at that time, need to wait for actual build time. Yesterday October 4, 2022, he got an update that the build was moved to the week of December 5. 2022. No notifications yet of any deletes.

Should be interesting since we see more deletes happening on the F150's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should anyone not check your previous posts, I believe that is a 2023 Limited.

Peter

Order went in late August. In September he received notice it was going to get built week of Nov 28, 2022. No notification of any deletes at that time, need to wait for actual build time. Yesterday October 4, 2022, he got an update that the build was moved to the week of December 5. 2022. No notifications yet of any deletes.

Should be interesting since we see more deletes happening on the F150's.
Production week scheduling for 2023 explorer is set for 3 first week of December. Plant down week of 26 dec. No notes about deletes yet.

Production week scheduling for 2023 explorer is set for 3 first week of December. Plant down week of 26 dec. No notes about deletes yet.
Thanks, my son said he got another email this last week saying the production date was back to the original date. This is going to be fun!

Thanks, my son said he got another email this last week saying the production date was back to the original date. This is going to be fun!
I.hope it's.true... I dont imagine since Aug 11, they have many explorer 2023, all trim, ordered every single day. Let say they have 10.per week for north america.. that would make nearly 100 Explorer... im sure by Feb, that would be all done...and delivered by march

I.hope it's.true... I dont imagine since Aug 11, they have many explorer 2023, all trim, ordered every single day. Let say they have 10.per week for north america.. that would make nearly 100 Explorer... im sure by Feb, that would be all done...and delivered by march

Production week Explorer.jpg

Got email yesterday, Dec 2, 2022, vehicle produced delivery slated for Dec 20, 2022. No deletions!

I'm guessing you mean no further deletions to what was already deleted, like the hand-free liftgate for example.

Peter

I'm guessing you mean no further deletions to what was already deleted, like the hand-free liftgate for example.

Peter
We have no record of that being deleted. The window sticker only show's the auto start stop deleted, but he requested that. There is nothing on the window sticker indicating "deleted" with a credit. Fingers crossed! Dealer said nothing deleted, vehicle as we ordered it.

I just checked the 2023 Order Guide and it still shows Hands-Free Foot Activated Liftgate with the 301A package, But, when I did a Build & Price on a Limited with 301A it only mentions Power Liftgate. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I have a 2023 Aviator on order and don't expect it to have the feature.

Peter

Son received notice last night that his 2023 Limited Explorer is built and waiting shipping, which could take "a few days to a week."

Received notice that car has shipped and dealer said they indicate that it will arrive on Dec 16, 2022. No indication of anything not included except the auto start stop that he did not want and the 4G Hot spot.

Received notice that car has shipped and dealer said they indicate that it will arrive on Dec 16, 2022. No indication of anything not included except the auto start stop that he did not want and the 4G Hot spot.
Interesting to see if it has the Hands-Free Foot Activated Liftgate.

Peter

Interesting to see if it has the Hands-Free Foot Activated Liftgate.

Peter
I could not find it listed anywhere, deleted or not. I contacted the dealership and they said "it is standard equipment on the 301A package." Guess we will be finding out real soon!

So we got the car last night Dec 30, 2022. The rear hatch foot release DID NOT WORK, in spite of all of the components being there and the dealer initially saying that there was no delete listed.

They ultimately found Ford documentation (from November) stating that this function would no longer be installed on their vehicles. What is strange though, is the fact that they say all of the components for the function are there, the only assumption they can make is that the control module that is there, has no chip on it??????

So while there was no initial deduct on the window sticker, there was a $55 dollar difference on the initial price of the quoted vehicle and what we were charged today, 55 less.

The car is beautiful and has everything else: heated steering wheel, Sirius XM radio, rear AC controls etc. We recieved a $500 rebate and were given the opportunity to not accept the vehicle because of the missing rear hatch release, my son declined.

Back