2024 Explorer may have a Plug-in-Hybrid Option? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2024 Explorer may have a Plug-in-Hybrid Option?

YZFMax

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4WD
Ok, hear me out. Was going over the 2024 Ford Warranty Guide for their vehicles which includes the Hybrid Explorer.

They Hybrid Powertrain Control Module listed on page 40 has a reference "(1)" beside it. This is for both the Hybrid Explorer and the Hybrid Maverick. On the bottom of page 43, the reference to (1) indicates it's a Plug-in Hybrid. Am I reading this correctly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, hear me out. Was going over the 2024 Ford Warranty Guide for their vehicles which includes the Hybrid Explorer.

They Hybrid Powertrain Control Module listed on page 40 has a reference "(1)" beside it. This is for both the Hybrid Explorer and the Hybrid Maverick. On the bottom of page 43, the reference to (1) indicates it's a Plug-in Hybrid. Am I reading this correctly?
Likely, they have them in Europe (detuned Aviator GT), and possibly China based now?

Likely, they have them in Europe (detuned Aviator GT), and possibly China based now?

Could be, but this was the only hybrid option they had listed for the Explorer. Guess it's a waiting game now until the specs are formally announced.

Could be, but this was the only hybrid option they had listed for the Explorer. Guess it's a waiting game now until the specs are formally announced.
I was informed that there likely will be no changes to the 2024 Explorer. It will remain the same as the 2023 and it will be a very short production model year with all changes and refreshes going to the 2025 Explorer. This makes sense since there are over 22,000 vehicles sitting in Chicago awaiting the camera recall fix. Of course, things are always subject to change.

Peter

I was informed that there likely will be no changes to the 2024 Explorer. It will remain the same as the 2023 and it will be a very short production model year with all changes and refreshes going to the 2025 Explorer. This makes sense since there are over 22,000 vehicles sitting in Chicago awaiting the camera recall fix. Of course, things are always subject to change.

Peter
confused.. the 2024 is already the refresh, not 2025.

2024 is really just an appearance upgrade. 2025-26 will likely see more powertrain and engine updates. The American version is a bit behind in some of those areas from the European and Asian models, things like the Plug-in Hybrid will probably be available in most markets by next year, with the US getting it for the MY25 or MY26.

The 2024 Explorer hasn't even received a date for order acceptance yet. What I was told was that it will be a carryover from the 2023 and any changes will be added to the 2025. The 2024 was being referred to as a 'VIN roll" meaning, I guess, that the VIN will indicate it is a 2024.

Peter

The 2024 Explorer hasn't even received a date for order acceptance yet. What I was told was that it will be a carryover from the 2023 and any changes will be added to the 2025. The 2024 was being referred to as a 'VIN roll" meaning, I guess, that the VIN will indicate it is a 2024.

Peter
Order banks open Oct 16th with production starting Jan 8th.

Back