• Register Today It's free!

2nd Row Seat Swap

Peenahs

Reaction score
City, State
Chestertown Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
So I did a few searches with different wording and phrases but didn’t find any posts with the information I wanted to give, so if I missed it, I’m sorry. I took possession of my wife’s 2017 Explorer sport last month, as she wanted a Minivan for the easy access doors. I had been researching swapping our bench seat to bucket seats for months, as we’re expecting a new baby in October, but could never find a clear answer as to if it could be done, what it requires, etc. So I ended up finding a set of buckets, in the black leather with red sticking, and they were an hours drive away so said to hell with it and took the risk. So as follows..

Seats are direct swap, bench to buckets, buckets to bench, doesn’t matter.
my seats are out of a 2019 sport, with inflatable seatbelts. This caused airbag light for me, I have ocd so that drove me crazy for the next 2 weeks trying to figure out why both seats have the fancy belts, why the system didn’t just accept the new seats. Spent about 2 weeks trying different things. Finally ended up cutting the seatbelt wires from the connector, and attaching 2! Not 1! 2!! 3ohm resisters to each seat. Left side connector, coming from the vehicles, not the seat, wire colors are Green and brown, and Brown. Cut, and bridge them together thru the 2 resisters. Right side is Blue and orange, and green. Repeat. Don’t forget to plug the connectors back together after you’ve completed the bridge’s (if you disconnected them) or you will get new codes for like seat sensor or something I forget. I was to excited when I got them because my scanner finally didn’t say B141 2x anymore lol. If you are curious about this swap or have a question about something I missed, feel free to PM me. We can figure it out.

Thanks

Back