3.75" or 4.5" backspacing for 15"x7" wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3.75" or 4.5" backspacing for 15"x7" wheels?

I'm about to pick up some Cragar Super Spoke wheels from Jegs and I'm not sure if I should get the 3.75" or 4.5" backspacing. Which is closer to stock? BTW, these are for 15"x7" wheels with a 5x4.5" bolt pattern which I believe is correct for my '95 Explorer. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3.75 will give you the exact back spacing. The smaller the number the further the wheel will stick out of the fender. 4.5 will be way too deep.

Stock backspacing is 4.5".

Stock backspacing is 4.5".

You had me fuming, I knew I was right. I looked on Tire Rack, I looked on Ultra Wheels, everything so far shows, 3.75". Then I decided to go actually measure my wheels. In the pitch black, flash light in the mouth, measuring my wheels....4.5"

Paying homage to the Mod...

Sorry about that. Just another example of, Never trust complete strangers on the internet. But, really, just a goof up on my part.

So, I should go with the 4.5" backspacing on the wheels? Thanks to everyone so far for their input.

Brian

You should go with 4.5" if you want everything to stay the same.
What size tires will you be running?

Originally posted by RangerX
You should go with 4.5" if you want everything to stay the same.
What size tires will you be running?

I'll be running the stock size tire. I believe it is a 235/75/15 if I remember correctly. Whatever is on there right now I suppose. Thanks again for all of the help!

Brian

Back