31x10.5s on stock rims? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31x10.5s on stock rims?

Can I mount these in the 31 x 10.5" size on the stock 15x7 rims from my 95 XLT 4WD? I'm planning on doing the TT and Warrior shackle lift first, and I think I read about a guy here who fit 31x10.5s on his stock rims without problems.

Also, what does a 235/75 roughly convert to in flotation sizes? That's the size I currently have.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes they will fit no prob on thoes rims, like ChuckyD said. I ran that set up with the TT/Shackles for the longest time, untilli decided to go bigger
Heres a pic of the 31x10.5's on stock rims with a bit of lift.

223222_7_full.jpg

Originally posted by ChuckyD
Yes they will mount fine and keep the 235's for your spare.

Why the Yoko's?

Cause that's what I have on here right now, and I like 'em, but I want another inch or so of clearance.

I didn't think I could use a 235/75 as a spare for 31s if I was in 4WD. Doesn't that create driveline problems?

well... i hope that you would use the spare as a spare and not a permanent replacement. If its used to get you to the nearest gas station i dont think you will have too much of a problem. Just dont put it in 4wd if you dont have to.

will they also fit w/out a lift? i have stock 15's on my 96 4wd. i have the stock 235/75 on there. i just wan't a more rugged looking tire, and bigger w/out having to lift anything. also, any brand suggestions? oh, and i heard the larger you go the slower you go, true? also, does a larger tire improve the ride comfort or not? thanks

Back