Dingmans Ferry PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Quick question
What's the quickest way to fit 33x12.5 tires on 15x8 rims
I'm looking for minimal trimming
Already have wars and TT done

Or am I better off just goin w 32x11.5s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm on 33X12.50 R15's with tt/shackles and no trimming. Some people say it can't be done but I've done it!

Good to know I just don't want to she'll put for 5 tires and be screwed can you post a pic on this thread??!!

And do your rims have an offset?? Or spacers??

I had to trim the side of the bumpers just to get the 31's on and be able to turn.

TT and rear coil overs..I could have went higher with the tt but not sure it would have helped...but I wanted some rake.

The tires do stick out some.
explorer005_zps5d77a152.jpg
explorer004_zpsa093bcfa.jpg

You will get rubbing inside the wheel wells at flex obviously, at the front you will hear the tires rub against the plastic in the fender well and in the rear it will rub against the inside of the body right above the frame. Your results could vary....

Damn they both look sweet
I have shackles and sensa Trac load adjusters in rear and TT and billstien heavy dutys up front if I use spacers you think I'll be alright??
I use stock jeep 15x8 rims I don't care if I rub plastic
But I can't really cut since I have the stock flares my X is a 2000 XLS 4.0

im running 32/11.5 right now on stock tires. i have no rubbing issues except at full lock in reverse. do not have running boards anymore, and i took bottom of my bumper off long before this. I love the tires. got then for $140/150 shipped to my house. kendal kevlar tires. VERY GOOD TIRES... did amazing offroad. i sank my whole front end into about 12" of mud and it backed right out of it.

Ill have to check them out I'm lookin at procomp M/T at $250 each and well we all know we need 5 so ouch lol

I paid $800.00 for all 4 of my tires and they perform great, off road I air down to 20 PSI and go where I point it. They are a Cooper tire without the Cooper name Mud Claw. When I put my body lift on I'm going to try getting them in 35's :)

How are they on asphalt??
Do they wear fast

Going down the highway with the windows down you hear them singing loud and clear, and you can feel them slow down as with mostly any mud tire. They're wearing moderately, not fast but not slow either. I could probably get 2-3 yrs out of them, but its also not being used a DD anymore, last year I put alot of miles on the tires after getting them. And I do not recommend wheel spacers.

Why not spacers

Why not spacers

The further your tires stick out, the more room you need to turn them. You could run a 33x10.50 way easier than a 33x12.50. So if you keep the wheel skinny and tucked in, it takes less lift to make it work.

Oh I see it never crossed my mind I figured if I spaced them I'd clear easier just sucks I can't really trim w the stock flares I guess I'll just get 32x11.5 and call it a day

So even 32x11.5 ill need 4" or is that w 33??

that is with 33. with 32's and 3.5" of backspacing i didnt have to trim at all, but with 33's and the same wheels i had to do a ton of trimming

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok cool I'm just gonna go w 32's then
It's time I sink some $ into my silverado now and I need 35's for that
Think I'm done w the X once I get tires...for now lol

Back