4.0 SOHC Timing Chain Qestions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 SOHC Timing Chain Qestions

haha that looks identical to what happened with mine.. same Tensioner piece left over.. Apparently this happens too frequently

Any after photos of the new guides and chains installed?

Regards, Tony

attachment.php

The new 6leaf tensioner is pretty beefy.

This is my timing chain thread here --> http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303600

hello, I bought Ford parts but would have used the 4usa parts if I had to do again. The price on equiv. Ford parts was about $380.00 + shipping. I also changed both cam sprocket bolts,front and rear jackshaft bolts, crank bolt, front jackshaft and front crank gears and water pump ($230.83 +s/h), Gasket set (ebay) $147.27 and bought tool set ($205.48)subtotal=$963.58 + oil, filter, anti-freeze, hoses, atf, trans filter, new ac drier, freon. Expensive job, and the $250 savings w/ the 4usa timing kit would've helped. I have the practically brand new tool-set for sale for $150 + s/h Tom

Whoa, you needed a new pump I suppose? I didnt even need to take my water pump off. I did anyways because my gasket set came with one for it.

Most people prefer to go ahead and do as much as they can when they have to take an engine out. Water pump and thermostat is usually something you replace if its inexpensive. But i wont be replacing mine. I will be changing my tranny fluid and filter.. Engine oil and new filter is a given.

I would like to know how the other brands of Timing Guide Components hold up. Im not exactly a cheap skate but in this day and time things get expensive. And their are many products that are manufactured by a 3rd part that is just as good if not better.

If anyone reading this thread can give reviews of Any of the other 3rd party companies producing The 4.0 SOHC Timing Kit that would help tremendously as i know there are plenty on the forums who have changed their guides and tensioners out that did not use FORD OEM.

Thanks, Tony

Back