4.88's AND 5.13's still available... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.88's AND 5.13's still available...

KPSquared

Reaction score
City, State
Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer
So, I have been in the hunt for 4.88's for my 8.8/D35 only to be informed that they are "backordered for an unknown amount of time" for the Dana 35... Well, this SUCKS 'cause I really want to get my rig on the road. I call about a 1000 shops only to find out everyone seems to get their gears from the same place and no one happens to have any on the shelves. I figure great, last year no more 5.13's and this year no more 4.88's. Then I find a link to JT Parts and Accessories... www.justdifferentials.com. I don't know much about Nitro Gears but they have a full supply of reverse rotation 4.88's and 5.13's on the shelf ready for shipping. 2 year warranty so can't be that bad. I have ordered a set and I guess we'll see. So, if your in the market, check em out, great service so far. Maybe there will be a few Dana 35's with 5.13's and 37's out there yet...not that thats a great plan but it's hard to beat the TTB out of some guys:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Nice find...:biggthump

...What yr/mk/model are you putting these in..??

They are going in a '92 XLT. Superlift 5.5, 35x12.50x15 Cooper Discoverer STT's, SOA out back. Got Yukons for the back but these will have to do for the front.

Son of a b*tch.... Anyone else think it's worth going from 4.56 to 5.13? :D

Okay I'm seriously thinking about doing it. If I just changed my gears out from 3.27 to 4.56 less then 1000 miles ago. Do I have to bother with getting a new installation kit? Or would I be alright using the oldish bearings and what not. I still have shims lying around from the last installation kit I can use need be. For the front I have a 3rd member lying around I can just swap it out on the ground (would do new bearings and what not) and then quick pull it out and bolt it up.

If your interested in selling your 4.56s Im game...

nice find,, i just ordered a pair of the 4.88

i will changing my 4.56's and 37's to the 5.13's and 37's.

$ $ $. Why are rebuild/install kits for the front axle so expensive? :rolleyes:

Back