• Register Today It's free!

4 gauge wire or 2 8 guage?

superxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xplorer sport
im gonna be runing a more powerfull 2nd amp to my system then the one i got now. soo im deciding if i should run a single 4 guage wire to a distribution box then run 2 8 guage wires of that to the amps. or should i just let each amp have its own 8 guage wire right off from the battery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do the block.

you can get the kit you want for cheap from walmart, comes wit hteh 4 ga cable, clock, 2 8ga cablem ground cables, remote line, 2 rca cables, fuse holder, fuse, etc...

did i already ask where in mi you live, i cant remember?

yes you did already ask were i lived. right now i already have 1 8 gauge power wire going into the back of my car. but in the future im gonna be wanting to run a cap, so should i just run new 4 gauge back there and use the 8 gause to run of the distribution box.

Do the kit, it will sound a lot better. I am redoing mine with a kit in the next couple of weeks.

I ran separate 8G when I had 2 amps. It was much more economical to buy another 8G set, then to buy 4G power & ground, dist block, fuses, etc. If you have the $$, go with the 4G. If you're broke, go the cheap route.

I have a buddy who just opened up a stereo store here in Va Beach, and I am helping him out by working there a couple hours a day. He just started so he can't afford to hire any help yet, so I work for free. He told me yesterday that we can rewire my x up right next week and he will give me everything that I need (4g, 8g, dist block, fuses, etc..). I know that the amp kits usually cost @$100 so I think that is a deal for me just installing a few speakers and stereo's.

Originally posted by kkreit01
I ran separate 8G when I had 2 amps. It was much more economical to buy another 8G set, then to buy 4G power & ground, dist block, fuses, etc. If you have the $$, go with the 4G. If you're broke, go the cheap route.

i can get a 4ga kit for <$35......much less than what i paid for my 9 ga in my 1st car.....originally i paid 50 for 8ga and 60 for 4ga, then i found a new place where the 4ga is actually cheaper........walmart. since i stay under 1000w, cable is cable to me as long as its thick.

thank u everyone

Back