4R70W AWD V8 Explorer: What transmission deep pan? B&M or TCI? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4R70W AWD V8 Explorer: What transmission deep pan? B&M or TCI?

fastcougar

Reaction score
City, State
Kearnysville, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
02' Mountaineer - V8 AWD
I'm looking to tow more with my wife's Explorer and I would like to do all that I can to keep the tranny running cool. I have run across these two tranny pans and wanted to know if anyone has either on and their thoughts/opinions? Thanks!!!

B&M Deep Transmission Pan for the 4R70W

TCI Deep Transmission Pan for the 4R70W

IF IT FITS, I am seriously considering the B&M due to the additional quart that it holds over the TCI. This brings up the question ... are all 4R70W pans created equal? I have a feeling that this will fit a Mustang, but not the Explorer ... someone ease my mind please!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Bump ^

Has anyone used these deep tranny pans? If so, I would love your opinion. Thanks!

You culd install an additional transmission cooler, external filter, and temp guage as well. Thats what I intend to do to my 5R55E when the funds become available.

I do not know about the pans for yours though. For mine I will get a PML pan (3 quarts extra-I think), thick aluminum, magnetic drain plug, place to tap for temp sender.

A deeperpan is nice, but I'd do another or bigger tranny cooler before I popped for a bigger pan. T'were it me.

I have the TCI pan myself. Never any problems with it.

edit: oh, and on the TCI pan, there is 1 bolt hole that will need to be plugged (it comes with the plug) for the 4R70Ws.

Back