4wd to a 2wd and 302 swap! help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4wd to a 2wd and 302 swap! help

ok i have a 1994 X xlt its 4 wheel drive and i wont to make it a 2wd and on top of that i wont to put a 302 in it! my dad asked me about the cross member or what ever member set under the engine deing diffrent...he said its all diffrent. will that be a problem with make it 2wd and a 302? help fill in my blanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey im wanting to upgrade my 1994 2wd to a 4wd maybe we could swap parts .....

that would be great ...what about shiping?...and what about all the wireing that i would have to get out of my truck to make shore it works when you put yous in?.

Hmm kinda curious... why ya wanna go to 2wd? And if yer converting from 4x4 to 2x4 and wanting to do a v-8... Chances are good it'll be cheaper to get a newer model with the V-8 and 2wd
Pete

are you insane????

Okay, you would be better off just selling your explorer and buying another with 2 wheel drive. You would make money because 2wd's are worth less than 4wd's.
Then you should put the 302 in, but I must say that a 5.0 will fit with a few adjustments.

P.S PROOFREAD

:bounce: :shoot:

well i wont 2wd because i wont it to sit low ...be as racei as a exlporer can be with air bags and 20s ...but after more thinkin a said srew it i will just drive it has is...and get 1979 monte carlo and paint it pearl white with flake, 13" wire wheels and 3 hydro pumps...
and yes i am insane or nuts

Originally posted by shorty_2low
well i wont 2wd because i wont it to sit low ...be as racei as a exlporer can be with air bags and 20s ...but after more thinkin a said srew it i will just drive it has is...and get 1979 monte carlo and paint it pearl white with flake, 13" wire wheels and 3 hydro pumps...

Um... yeah... I don't think insane or nuts was what I was thinking :rolleyes:
Pete

well if your still thinknig about doing it let me know ill go through alot of manuals and look into parts and pay for shipping both ways if you want ....
Chris

Originally posted by shorty_2low

God........you must be joking.

The engine cross member is not different.... Trust me I know my 1992 Navajo was 2wd to start. and it has been a 4x4 for going on 3 years. one of the I-beam drop bracket on the coss member is different. But that is it.

Back