5.0 Exhaust | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Exhaust

I agree. once i got the new exhause on the SOHC i went from 21 MPG city to 15, decided i hated the gas station and then in turn got 24 mpg on a tank???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Neither one of them tried to sell me new cats...the one that will remove them I have been doing business with for years, the other is another shop that a friend had flowmasters put on at. The latter told me that they wouldnt remove the secondary cats, and told me "besides you will lose 7 MPG, so why do it?"

I think he was pulling your leg.

I agree..

if any thing you will gain, if you leave your foot out of it

so i should get rid of secondary cats?

Absolutely.

any suggestions as to where I should buy the magnaflow exhaust system at? The exhaust place that i am having do the work only carries flowmasters, but he told me if i wanted to purchase the magnaflows myself he would still install them for me. I searched a little bit, but i couldnt find any website that had the year range (1997) and engine size (5.0 AWD)

Jegs, Summit, other online stores. Take your pick.

Make sure you tell them to bolt it to the stock flange so you can empty your cats yourself later. Like I mentioned above, see if they will break the bolts and replace them on the front side of the cats too. It will make your life 1000x easier when you go to empty them.

Back