5.0 Shorty Headers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Shorty Headers

With my swap, I have decided to run ceramic coated shorty headers. The question is which ones?

JBA Headers

* or *

BBK Headers

Both are smog legal, both appear to be of similar construction. The JBAs are more expensive.

I have a set of JBAs on my '06 SOHC, and they are a quality product. I have no personal experience with the BBKs.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What heads on your 5.0L?

Ryan

Go with the BBK, I've had buddies that have ran them on many different vehicles and all have lasted the life of the vehicles.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I thought the only aftermarket V-8 headers that fit in 93 + V-8 Swapped rangers, and 95+ explorers with a V-8 (I know it started in 96), were still torque monsters?

Well I tried a set of longtube foxbody headers, and they had "almost" fit . . . I wouldn't doubt the right set of shorty headers could fit, the only issues are the steering column, and the frame rails.

I have YET to see a set of headers fit like the TMH's...

All the ones I see, need the Frame notched at the collector on the passenger side.

Ryan

Just to clarify, what is this engine in?

1994 Mustang 302/5.0 block and crank, H-beam rods (5.400"), 0.030 pistons (short skirt), Edelbrock heads, custom Comp Cam (grind to be determined.)

AOD transmission, wide ratio gears, 2500 stall speed, BW 1354 transfer case.

This is going into my '93 Ranger 4WD.

1994 Mustang 302/5.0 block and crank, H-beam rods (5.400"), 0.030 pistons (short skirt), Edelbrock heads, custom Comp Cam (grind to be determined.)

AOD transmission, wide ratio gears, 2500 stall speed, BW 1354 transfer case.

This is going into my '93 Ranger 4WD.

Hedmann are the most common/reasonably priced that are made specifically for your application.

http://www.race-mart.com/Hedman_Hedders-HED-89500.html

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I thought the only aftermarket V-8 headers that fit in 93 + V-8 Swapped rangers, and 95+ explorers with a V-8 (I know it started in 96), were still torque monsters?

That is true for the 98+ rangers. The older frame and suspension on the pre 98 is more accomodating for different headers.

JBA's are known for cracking issues, I have used BBK many times with no issues.

does anybody know what header will fit 5.0 in 98 ranger the only one I no is torque monster thanks anybody

does anybody know what header will fit 5.0 in 98 ranger the only one I no is torque monster thanks anybody

Try the L&L - the ones I ended up using. Since my engine sits a little high, I had to modify the firewall on the passenger side, but otherwise they fit fine.

I do not have GT40P heads - not sure if L&L makes a set for those heads.

does l&l have a web site thanks

BBK make nice sturdy headers but the welds looked horrible on the two pairs I had (long tube and shorty 351 fairmont). Fit well, they did do alot of denting to do so though. OLD THREAD.

Back