5r55w - p0741 after shift kit and high stall converter. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55w - p0741 after shift kit and high stall converter.

This is the way I under stand your question and my answer. The torque multiplication takes place inside the torque converter and is applied to the trans input shaft. There is no additional torque applied to the flex plate. If you increase engine HP and torque then additional torque is applied to the flex plate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does your new flex plate have a hole to support the pilot of the torque converter? There has to be a support for that pilot or the weight at high RPM will eventually destroy the flex plate.

It does have a hole, but it fits around a lip on the back of the crackshaft. I will verify propper engagement before i install the transmission by mocking the TC up behind the flexplate to see how it all looks.

**UPDATE** A faulty torque converter from TCI, truck is up and working like it should. Do yourself a favor and avoid TCI transmission parts at all cost.

I know this is an old thread, but what ended up being the actual problem?

Back