6 speaker set up how do I...

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
Ok tomorrow I am buying a new head unit and Im giving my bro my current sony xplod which has wires for 4 speakers. His car has 6 speakers,
2 dash 2 front door, and 2 rear deck/window how do I wire this up? He has a 97 jetta GT manual and I have never done it on that car before what am I looking at? can anyone help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not positive but I heard cars with more than 4 speakers come from the factory with extra speakers wired to front or rear channels. So like 4 speakers wired to 2 front speaker channels.

Okay Thanks I was gunna just try that but wasnt sure but that good enough for me lol thanks alot.

Keep in mind the more speakers connected to a channel the less power they will get. Maybe try wiring the dash with front and then trying with the rear to see which sounds better.

ask someone on www.vwvortex.com. go and register for the free forums. those guys know a ton about VW'S and are really helpful.

huskyfan23 said:
Keep in mind the more speakers connected to a channel the less power they will get.

not necessarily, provided the amp can handle the load, the speaker gets whatever power its resistance dictates...

Example...
like a 2 channel amp, 100x2 at 4 ohms, 200 x2 at 2 ohms....

hook up a pair of 4 ohm coaxs, 100 to each speaker...
hook up another pair of 4 ohm coaxes, still 100 to each speaker.. because the amp doesn't really care what the load is, it just puts out the power relative to the load. (again unless the load is too much for it, stability)
:)

Thanks, So today I pull out his HU and well.... looks like I need to get him a antenna adapter, and find a wiring diagram cause his wires are all wrapped up and there are so many ! lol

lol gotta love factory wiring...!

Back