6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

I have to figure out a way to tell my wife she needs to put premium in it 1st and have her not question why lol..
Just tell her the ST came with that requirement from the Factory:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I already opened my big mouth and said it wasnt required a few weeks ago..

An example of a life decision not thought out very well.

Ps - yes, will go with a tune but going to wait a bit for refinements to come out. Something about a 1 day tune doesnt sit well with me.

Ps - yes, will go with a tune but going to wait a bit for refinements to come out. Something about a 1 day tune doesnt sit well with me.

Agreed, I am sure they will work to refine and smooth the speed lines with time as well as boost the torque peak. Have you seen their history on refining tunes on previous ecoboost? I am assuming they can get up near 500 ft lbs and that is really where this ST will pull like a freight train off the line around town!

Tell her you did some reading up and discovered “they say it actually runs better on premium“ (which is technically true ;)).

Huh. How about the truth? Lol

1st step to being an addict.. admit you have a problem!!

Cant stop taking pics and smiling. I hope everyone gets theirs soon and can join my lonely circle of addicts.

20190810_083738.jpg

Just superb, blwnsmoke! Love that Magnetic paint on your new ST. Standing by for reviews as you add miles.

BTW, I think it's time for you to update your forum profile and change 2011 Explorer Limited to 2020 Explorer ST!

I’m thinking some black dimpled & slotted EBC sport rotors would complete the black wheels and red calipers.

Just superb, blwnsmoke! Love that Magnetic paint on your new ST. Standing by for reviews as you add miles.

BTW, I think it's time for you to update your forum profile and change 2011 Explorer Limited to 2020 Explorer ST!

Thanks Peter... I mean lol.

I’m thinking some black dimpled & slotted EBC sport rotors would complete the black wheels and red calipers.

Although I like your idea, not going to spend money on replacing brakes. This thing is already so sensitive when braking (I cant even imagine the Track pack) that it really doesnt need any more brake performance.

Although I like your idea, not going to spend money on replacing brakes. This thing is already so sensitive when braking (I cant even imagine the Track pack) that it really doesnt need any more brake performance.

Right? But when it comes time I will be using EBC sport rotors.

From this morning.

A8D9F037-C9BE-474B-AA68-432D65AD25D3.jpeg
E67584C1-0E23-4C85-B08C-082AD702A407.jpeg

Right? But when it comes time I will be using EBC sport rotors.

From this morning.

View attachment 172681 View attachment 172682

Very nice. I was going to get the cross bars for our skis but instead of spending that for the roof, going to get a vertical rack that slides in like your bike rack.

I've been going nuts on Amazon. Ordered 2 black Ford Performance license plate holders, new wash mitts, new soap, foam gun, CR Spotless water system, Black American Flag hitch plug, new tire shine, glass cleaner lol. And this is my wife's DD...

I have the cross bars on order, need to be able to carry 4 bikes.

I know what you mean about Amazon, been busy ordering detailing supplies. Also have a pair of black anodized aluminum plate frames on order, but MTB themed.

I have the cross bars on order, need to be able to carry 4 bikes.
Keep in mind the weight limits, with or without a moonroof.

Peter

Yep, well under, about 40lbs with a pair of (road) bikes and the racks.

Pulled the wheels off to wax them inside and out. Glad I did, found a few lugs almost loose. Also found the left rear shock is leaking slightly. Some photos of the front and rear suspension and brakes with the wheels off.

91A80026-40E9-4DE5-9D41-62CC78D95659.jpeg
BB6BF479-4E87-4010-8330-5C639764FDB1.jpeg
4778FA82-2555-4239-80EA-2DC14A2DA950.jpeg
9770F703-0D25-401D-9FB7-CCD60BC57188.jpeg
668F1632-0992-4D7F-978A-D9EB0CC0E1B6.jpeg
8647D38C-556E-4171-87CE-BA356466E60F.jpeg
AFF07A5E-ED2D-489C-8C02-72FAA5BF1DAC.jpeg

The leaking shocks is a known issue with Ford. My guy out in Michigan told me about 3 weeks ago there were some bad struts out there.. he has had a few Explorers with them that needed to be replaced.

I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

It all looks so purty when new.

Scheduled for the 21st for Ceramic coating with paint correction and front clear bra. They will need it for 3 days.

I'm going to see if I can cross reference the shock over to a Bilstein B6 part (I'm huge Bilstein fan), if so I'll just go that route. Otherwise I'll see if I can get the service department to just order me a shock with out having to take it in and leave it there yet again.

Edit, found the shock part numbers, the shocks are new and not used on any other ford product, so will have to replace with OEM and wait and see if Bilstein will make a replacement in the future.

Shock Absorber Assy | FordUS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back