6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

The leaking shocks is a known issue with Ford. My guy out in Michigan told me about 3 weeks ago there were some bad struts out there.. he has had a few Explorers with them that needed to be replaced.

I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

It all looks so purty when new.

Scheduled for the 21st for Ceramic coating with paint correction and front clear bra. They will need it for 3 days.

Can I ask: where you’re taking it, how you decided that place over another, is it a front bra with side mirrors too and is the ceramic coating being applied to/over the entire vehicle?

I’m planning on doing the same thing but there’s not many highly rated ceramic/bra applicators near Green Bay, WI area that I’ve looked into. Closest with high reviews is CMG Automotive near Milwaukee, WI or Chicago auto pros in Chicago IL. With a major purchase I want to make sure it’s in the best hands so that the paint and vehicle overall will last as long as possible. Thanks for taking the time to answer or give your thoughts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can I ask: where you’re taking it, how you decided that place over another, is it a front bra with side mirrors too and is the ceramic coating being applied to/over the entire vehicle?

I’m planning on doing the same thing but there’s not many highly rated ceramic/bra applicators near Green Bay, WI area that I’ve looked into. Closest with high reviews is CMG Automotive near Milwaukee, WI or Chicago auto pros in Chicago IL. With a major purchase I want to make sure it’s in the best hands so that the paint and vehicle overall will last as long as possible. Thanks for taking the time to answer or give your thoughts.

So it was between Xpel and Suntek. I've read a lot of reviews between 4 or 5 films and these seem to be the best 2. Suntek is easier to apply and less orange peel. It is also a little more glossier than Xpel.

Neither have the kits out yet for the 2020. Suntek has the window tint templates so he thinks the bumper and hood should be out very soon.

The suntek dealer here does xpel as well and he recommends Suntek. Also said for this type of vehicle to save my money on a whole hood and just do a partial.

The fact he is recommending me to save money shows he is being honest. So I am going with Suntek (Porsche uses Suntek at their factory for their vehicles).

This dealer is $1,200 for full paint correction, 2 Base Coats, 2 top coats, full glass and wheels. Also going to have him do the calipers so it is a lot easier to clean them (nothing like dirty red calipers). Will also have him do the door handle pockets.

Hood is $299, I'm going to order a new set of "Explorer" letters for the hood so he doesnt have to cut the letters out.

Bumper will be around $400. Also doing all the windows for tint.. 90% on the 2nd row, 3rd row and rear. 30% for the front row, all UV protected.

I'm scheduled for the 26th, 2 1/2 days of work.. hopefully the bumper will be out by then otherwise I'll take it back once that template is available.

So my "please dont pull me over because I support the police" american flag hitch cover came in. And both my Ford Performance plates.

20190813_193515.jpg
20190813_181259.jpg

I saw the Ford Performance plate frames, are you satisfied with the quality for the price? Are they going to last?

I think they will. It is early and yes, it is just a metal frame so why the $35 price tag. But I wanted something a little more subtle. I didnt want the red Ford Performance.

They wont rust, it is just a question on whether the black paint comes off.

Picked up our Limited last night, would have loved an ST, but she didn't like the ride or brakes on it so we compromised. It is her car after all.

The build looks great, panels and gaps all look right on.
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG

Very nice!! Congrats, glad to see another new owner take possession. And props to a Ford family driveway.

Finally!! I was worried about the sensitive brakes everyone mentioned, but for whatever reason I actually love the brakes... my 2016 I felt I I should put my foot through the floor to help it too sometimes.... this I can feather if I want in stop and go traffic, but will stop without me worrying if I want it to... well... for all of the 40 miles I’ve driven.

Agree that sports mode is sweet... can’t wait to figure out its touch points... and almost spun the wheels making a left like others have said. All in all... couldn’t be happier... was worth the wait from February...

85F0A13B-606B-4F06-91DA-675BCA35542B.jpeg

E11748F6-3DC0-411D-AEC4-34F292411F88.jpeg

@BobT2k Congrats!! Love the brakes!! I think it has to do with it having an electric brake booster. You barely touch it and she definitely stops. Can't even imagine stomping on the brakes. Still a little jerky as I am not use to it but definitely feel confident in its abilities.

@BobT2k Congrats!! Love the brakes!! I think it has to do with it having an electric brake booster. You barely touch it and she definitely stops. Can't even imagine stomping on the brakes. Still a little jerky as I am not use to it but definitely feel confident in its abilities.

What happened to this forum? it crashed for more then 24 hours?

see, I was worried about being jerky in the stop and go traffic... but it hasn't been for me. Maybe because I rent a lot of different cars while traveling so I adjusted to the different breaks quickly. But I feel like I'm driving the same way I did before.... She has more pick up and it takes getting used to, but the brakes, well, the 2016 was so soft that its why I wanted for the street pack.

so far my only complaints are with the dealer that didn't know what they were doing.

The ST brakes bite harder at speed, if you find yourself going a fair bit faster than say, posted, they can get a bit grabby especially on a twisty road. At moderate and low speeds they are just powerful, but not overly grabby IMHO.

Finally!! I was worried about the sensitive brakes everyone mentioned, but for whatever reason I actually love the brakes... my 2016 I felt I I should put my foot through the floor to help it too sometimes.... this I can feather if I want in stop and go traffic, but will stop without me worrying if I want it to... well... for all of the 40 miles I’ve driven.

Agree that sports mode is sweet... can’t wait to figure out its touch points... and almost spun the wheels making a left like others have said. All in all... couldn’t be happier... was worth the wait from February...

View attachment 172839

View attachment 172840

Bob, you need these;

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessorie...+14x1.5+black&qid=1566048805&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back