6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Got one in the sun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20211030_155241.jpg

The leaking shocks is a known issue with Ford. My guy out in Michigan told me about 3 weeks ago there were some bad struts out there.. he has had a few Explorers with them that needed to be replaced.

I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

It all looks so purty when new.

Scheduled for the 21st for Ceramic coating with paint correction and front clear bra. They will need it for 3 days.
Hey blwnsmoke, how much did the ceramic coating w/ paint correction and front clear bra run you?

Thanks

20211211_195354.jpg

My Brand New Ford Explorer 2021 Limited, I only have a week with my "Negrita" much better than my old 2015 Explorer ( More Luxury, power, better fuel economy, comfort, etc) right now is in the Detailing Center for exterior and interior Ceramic Coating, Xpel paint protection and 3M windows film, love my New Explorer.

20211212_122329.jpg 20211208_001053.jpg

My Brand New Ford Explorer 2021 Limited, I only have a week with my "Negrita" much better than my old 2015 Explorer ( More Luxury, power, better fuel economy, comfort, etc) right now is in the Detailing Center for exterior and interior Ceramic Coating, Xpel paint protection and 3M windows film, love my New Explorer.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congrats on the new Explorer.

Peter

We just got our 2021 Limited. Live in snow country so immediately swapped out the 20" polished aluminum wheels with 18" and better rubber. So far has been great and the seats sure do get hot with the seat heater (too hot).
20211209_123014.jpg

Hi all!!! Great to join Explorers and Aviators community here! Last Sunday we got a 2022 Explorer XLT 4WD. Been told that this is a brand new color for 22 - stone blue. Depending on light it looks dark gray- to dark blue. Very cool how it changes the color! I didn't think I will actually like the 18 stock wheels, but I am warming up to them, and it shouldn't be a problem with curbs during tight parking situations, the tires are so tall that it won't touch the wheel if too close to the curb. Also really liking smooth and soft ride of these tires. I though I will be changing them immediately, especially before getting and driving the car. Now I'm thinking that I might actually keep them as is, it looks much better than on pictures. This is my first Explorer, though I've been driving Town Car for many many years (you can see my TC in garage).

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 2.29.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 2.30.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.04.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.09.06 PM.png

Hi all!!! Great to join Explorers and Aviators community here! Last Sunday we got a 2022 Explorer XLT 4WD. Been told that this is a brand new color for 22 - stone blue. Depending on light it looks dark gray- to dark blue. Very cool how it changes the color! I didn't think I will actually like the 18 stock wheels, but I am warming up to them, and it shouldn't be a problem with curbs during tight parking situations, the tires are so tall that it won't touch the wheel if too close to the curb. Also really liking smooth and soft ride of these tires. I though I will be changing them immediately, especially before getting and driving the car. Now I'm thinking that I might actually keep them as is, it looks much better than on pictures. This is my first Explorer, though I've been driving Town Car for many many years (you can see my TC in garage).

View attachment 425270 View attachment 425271 View attachment 425272 View attachment 425273
^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
At first glance I thought it was gray. I wish 18" wheels were an option on all vehicles. They provide a better ride IMO and there is less chance of wheel damage (cub rash). Not to mention, they are less expensive. I had used the Interceptor 18" steel wheels in place of the OEM 20" on a couple of previous Explorers for a dedicated winter setup

Peter.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
At first glance I thought it was gray. I wish 18" wheels were an option on all vehicles. They provide a better ride IMO and there is less chance of wheel damage (cub rash). Not to mention, they are less expensive. I had used the Interceptor 18" steel wheels in place of the OEM 20" on a couple of previous Explorers for a dedicated winter setup

Peter.
Thank you! Good to hear your experience with 18s vs 20s. No doubt for my personal taste 20 or those black ST 21s look much better and sort of more complete with the huge wheel arches these Explorers have, and relatively large body too. However, like you said, the comfortability of 18s is so good, and worry free about curb rash due to very tall tire sidewall. I think off roading also might be slightly better too on 18s. And yes, much cheaper on new set of tires. 18s give it more like a truck look vs 20 or 21 much more sporty. If I had ST no doubt I would want only those black 21s for that great sporty look which I really like. But my XLT will do ok with stock 18s I think, and I will keep it more in a truck vein rather that a sporty look of an ST. What do you guys think?

Hello Everyone! Here's my 2021 and his little 3 wheeled buddy. It's been 4 months since I purchased my new vehicle. Previously I had a 2003 Toyota 4Runner. Original Owner and loved the Toyota. After 18+ years of ownership I needed a change. This is what I got...

Ford Explorer St_01-25-2021(1).jpeg Ford Explorer St_01-25-2021(2).jpeg Ford Explorer St_01-25-2021(3).jpeg IMG_9859.jpeg IMG_9861.jpeg IMG_9870.jpeg IMG_9856 (1).jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, new member here. I just got a 22 King Ranch in Burgundy Velvet. Interestingly, the first new car I ever bought was a 92 Explorer XLT in "Cabernet Medium." They've come a long way in 30 years. I was interested in the Stone Blue, but wait times are pretty long. I found this in transit to a local dealer and set up the deal in advance. I picked it up on 2/18 when the delivery convoy arrived. I was surprised how much I actually like this color.

I've driven sport sedans (Lexus) the last 20 years so this is a change. Lifestyle changes have necessitated a more versatile vehicle. I decided not to just chase luxury brand badges and look for something that had all the tech and features I wanted. This KR Explorer had more space, more power, more tech than other vehicles I looked at, as well as a nice premium feeling interior.
20220218_112224.jpg
20220218_112239.jpg
20220218_112252.jpg
20220218_112306.jpg

Back