92 Eddie Bauer driver seat jammed in furthest back position (not power-except lumbar) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 Eddie Bauer driver seat jammed in furthest back position (not power-except lumbar)

cdnjan

Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Eddie Bauer 4*4
Yesterday I moved my driver seat back. I do this if I have to have lunch in the vehicle (just for comfort)
After lunch I tried to slide it forward to begin driving again.
Completely locked up .. I tried everything I could, including asking a passerby to push/pull lever while i pushed on the back of the seat with my feet. :( No Luck
I ended up having to put a 12 pack behind my back to be able to reach the pedals to head home.
Any and all advice is appreciated .. I Love my truck but it sure is uncomfortable not to mention unsafe to drive this way. I am only 5'3"
HELP Please

most likelly something in or on the track is stuck .when i had my seats out in mine i noticed a lot of crap in the tracks and the worm drive attached to the motor . i found all kinds of stuff ....hair,pens,lottery tickets and also stuff from the 96 olympics ( sheesh :rolleyes:) .

hard to say with out you takeing the 4 bolts on the floor and remove the seat from the cabin to make a def plan of repair but i'm guessing that the track spring catch mech' has most likelly gone past it's " stop" on the track ...kinda jumpped the track but it's still on it .look for something like this ...i'm betting your going to have to remove the seat all together from the truck ...look for any trashed locking levers and also see if any springs have come off anywhere .when i had mine out i took all the moveing parts under the seat and cleaned them and relubed all moveing parts ...when i was done ( i got power seats ) i could move the seat forward and back in half the time that it did before so i know i did some good for it .

lets us know how it turns out :salute:

Back