92XLT A4LD Issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92XLT A4LD Issue

Brooklyn, thanks for all your help. I took apart the VB and replaced the seals with some a friend supplied. It did not help. I think it may just be the tc as stated, but I ended up buying a new 4x4 vehicle to replace the explorer. I needed a vehicle fast as I just started a new job. I plan on either getting the explorer fixed and selling or selling as is. The new vehicle will tow my camper with no issues as it has a v8. I love this forum as it has helped me countless times. The explorer is in great shape for a 92 and I hate to let it go but I had to do something to get to the new job. I may try to rebuild the tranny but I'll have to find the time with the new job. I learned alot abouit trannies with this experience thanks to you broolynbay. Thanks again...

Keith

When you do decide to drop the transmission to rebuild it, remember to flush out the cooler lines of any debris that could have accumulated inside of it. It could clog up a newly rebuit VB, or just create a major hydraulic pressure drop. I recommend using M465KD Transcool cooler cleaner spray ($7.09) from WWW.Axiom.Com. Any local place that sells transmission parts should sell it. It is a chemical under pressure that attaches to the cooler's lines to flush out the system. One line is connected to the can while the other line is going into an empty bucket.

Back