• Register Today It's free!

93 XLT Vaccum leak?

Aussie Canuck

Reaction score
City, State
B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer XLT
Ok next issue. Hop in truck, turn key, truck starts, idle rockets to just above 2000 rpm, slow drops lower lower lowerto about 600 rpm, truck dies.

Was running good a few days ago, now I cant start it up and walk away unless i have something jammed on the gas pedal to keep my rpm's up as it will sputter down and die. As well as this, while I am driving, when I step on the gas I now has what sounds like a hissing noise. Heard tell from a source that I most likely have a vaccum leak, which begs the question, where the hell are my vaccum lines? My Hanes has SFA on vaccum lines but im pretty sure they are the issue. I want to fix but dont know where to start.

Help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

start by looking on you upper intake manifold

ad same issue was my gasket upper intake and planiun leacking
there a spacer two gasket to change easy fix

Find the vacuum port on the driver side of the intake. Many of the vacuum lines come together at that point. Disconnect and plug, one by one until you stop the hissy fit. If it's not there, it could be the brake booster hose... that has manifold vacuum too.

Back