• Register Today It's free!

94' Explorer 4X4 Lowering Kit???

Barney

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Limited
Im looking for lowering kits and Air Bag kits for a 94' Explorer. Does anyone even mess with this year of the explorer as far as dropping it or bagging it? I have yet to see one like mine dropped so Im pretty serious about trying to do it. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if it is 4x4, you cannot go any lower than 2" or the front differential will hit the oil pan. im pretty sure Eibach still makes the 2" front drop springs. you could then run 2" blocks in the back.

Originally posted by james t
if it is 4x4, you cannot go any lower than 2" or the front differential will hit the oil pan. im pretty sure Eibach still makes the 2" front drop springs. you could then run 2" blocks in the back.

Well, the 4wd doesnt work anymore as of a month back when we jumped it 10ft in the air. Cracked the transfer case. So, Now I just want to drop it and put maybe some 20's or 22's on it if they'll fit. How would I go about getting rid of all the 4x4 **** so its 2wd?

find a 91-94 2wd in a wrecking yard, and swap EVERYTHING in under your truck. its a huge hassle and alot of work.

james t
its a huge hassle and alot of work.

But the work is half the fun:D

I say go for it.

Back