96 ford explorer xlt engine vibration help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 ford explorer xlt engine vibration help please

omygrinder

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
i just bought a 96 ford explorer xlt 6 cylinder and when i step on the gas when parked theres engine vibration thats not normal but when i drive it passed 25 miles an hour the vibration tend to go away. does anyone know what i need to do in order to fix the problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How does it idle? does the engine shake while it is idling? How does the air filter look?

How can you tell it is the engine that is vibrating?

***never mind...just saw this happens in park while not moving***

Can you describe the vibration better?

idle

the suv when idle theres no engine vibration

vibration

when i hit the gas when parked i feel engine vibration sitting and it makes like a vibrating sound

engine vibrating

when i drive the motor vibrates too but not as much like when its parked and i step on the gas.

Hmmmmm..... kind of sounds like it is misfiring, how is the condition of the spark plugs and leads?

spark plugs and leads

spark plugs are new and the wire set is not new, im going to purchase new spark plug wires to see if thats the vibration problem.

intake filter

intake air filter is new

Engine Vibration at 1500 RPM

Guys, on a simuilar topic (engine vibration) I need some help please: I'm talking about a 1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer, V6. Roughly at 1500 RPM the engine vibrates, especially when I demand more power, going uphill for instance at moderate / high speed. What can be the reason?
Thanks!!

Did you replace the wires yourself? Did you get the firing order correct? OHV or SOHC firing order...Ive done that before lol

Back