96XLT idle problems

config

Reaction score
City, State
Layton, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
96XLT idle problems - assist needed!

It just started to get cold here and now the vehicle has been running erratically rough off and on. Pulled codes and got:
P0320 - Ignition/distributor engine speed input circuit malfunction
P0354 - Ignition coil D Primary/secondary circuit malfunction
P0174 - System too lean (bank 2)

The truck revs up by itself and then loses power. ENgine finally stalled then I ran the codes again and got a P0102 - Mass or volume circuit low input.

Started up engine again and it ran fine. Cleared codes and now everything is good. I'm sure it will come up again. Any ideas what is causing this and what I should do to fix it? I'm planning on replacing plugs first and see what happens. Thanks in advance for any tips.

config said:
It just started to get cold here and now the vehicle has been running erratically rough off and on. Pulled codes and got:
P0320 - Ignition/distributor engine speed input circuit malfunction
P0354 - Ignition coil D Primary/secondary circuit malfunction
P0174 - System too lean (bank 2)

The truck revs up by itself and then loses power. ENgine finally stalled then I ran the codes again and got a P0102 - Mass or volume circuit low input.

Started up engine again and it ran fine. Cleared codes and now everything is good. I'm sure it will come up again. Any ideas what is causing this and what I should do to fix it? I'm planning on replacing plugs first and see what happens. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Well, got done replacing the plugs and wires. I replaced the IAC and DPFE sensors about 6 months ago. Let's see if the problem persists.

Back