97 ford Eddie Bauer Explorer for a good home | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 ford Eddie Bauer Explorer for a good home

danver39

Reaction score
City, State
Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
i want to give away my explorer for a donation just had a new transfer case then transmission went out, the smug so in so at the junk yard said 225.00 even though most of the parts to keep him running were bought at his yard. so now i have to get rid of him he runs and drives (not very far) ASAP must take whole car 781 367 1338 ask for Tom

Contact a local high school or vocational school and check to see if they will accept an auto donation for their auto shop students. Sometimes they will even come out and haul it off.

X2. I applaud you for willing to donate it. Hopefully, it can be made useful again...and, given to someone in need.

As for the guy at the yard only offering $225, it's because scrap metal is in the tank right now. Couple of years ago, it was up around $275/ton in my area. This winter, it dropped to $30/ton. As of several weeks ago, it had climbed to $60/ton. Guy who manages the local Pick-n-Pull said he was only offering $150 for a vehicle...and, still not able to get rid of all their crushed vehicles on a regular schedule to the metal recycler with demand being so weak. They've had to stockpile a percentage of their crushed cars and wait for demand to pick up.

Back