• Register Today It's free!

99 EB crap

brisendine

Reaction score
City, State
Hawley PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eddie baur
Hey, Im new to this, so im not sure if im doing this all right, but anyway, I have a 99 eddie baur that needs new tires, so i figured id do the torsion bar twist to lift it a little and throw bigger tires on there. My question is do I have to ditch the air ride suspension in the back? If I do, how would I do that. Im also not sure what size tires I can fit with the running boards& fender flares, which i dont want to hack off, hope someone can help me, thanx!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you only do a TT up front, the back air ride should be ok. My EB has air ride front and back, so I had to reposition the sensors for it to continue working after a TT, and adding shackles in the rear. If this is something you want to do, try a search for "air ride" or "air ride lift". Many here were able to go up to a 31x10.5 tire without problems with the stock suspension.

Thanx for the info rhyno, but it looks like I will be waiting a little longer to do that, since my tranny blew yesterday, but I will definatley be doing it after its fixed

getting ready to do the TT, wanna know if i need to reposition the sensors, or if i can just throw shackles in the rear

Yes.

Back