99 explorer windshield washer fuse box | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 explorer windshield washer fuse box

Nick7542

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xls
Hi: anyone know how to get the relay box open , the one located on the right side fender near washer pump under the air filter box.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure it's a fuse box? On my 1999 Explorer, the fuse box under the hood is on the driver's side, up near the fire-wall. On mine there is a small tab on the back (as you face it standing on the driver's side of the vehicle) that I depress, and then the lid flips towards you.

PS. My windshield washer reservoir, and I think pump, are on the passenger side.

Relay box on passinger side below the air filter box.

Can you post a picture? My experience matches Eric's.

It's a relay box. I believe it has 3-4 relays inside. One or two for the washers and one for the fog/driving lights. Never opened one, but usually there's a part of the cover you pull or press on to release it.

I've been inside mine to do the fog light mod, and as I recall, there is a tab or catch to open the lid.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.. how do I get into that box to replace the washer relay. It's not very accessible. There are what looks like clips on the side, but I'm not sure and don't want to force anything...

Any advice? Thanks!

Back