A couple questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A couple questions

WizardOfOdds

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer
Well my truck still isn't on the road, just needs body work. It's parked in my schools parking lot with no plates. Anyways, I got bored tonight and wanted to take it for a spin around the parking lot. I hammered on the gas and got it to about 50km/h before I hit the brake and there was like a wierd noise (sounded like something winding down, like you hear after you turn your vacuum off, the motor keeps going for a few seconds then shuts off) well this lasted about 5 seconds I'd say. It was really wierd. I don't know, I was reading up and could it be the IAC?

Also, I have a stock radio with casette player. The radio is acting really funny. When I first got it awhile ago, the radio worked. Then one day we we're cleaning the shop and I turned on the radio to listen to music and it would just go threw all the radio stations without stopping (not needing to hold any button down it would just keep scanning the channels). So I turned it off. About 30 mins later I tried it again and it worked ok. Now I have the same problem but it's not working at all. And it doesn't pick up any signals from any radio stations, even ones I have preset. However, casette player works and plays good. It's not a big deal I was just wondering what the problem might be. I plan on putting a new deck with CD player in it soon.

anything specific I should be looking for when checking the antenna?

Back