• Register Today It's free!

a few mustang questions...

mikeresin

Reaction score
City, State
san rafael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 sport, 90gt
ok i know this isnt the mustang board but im thinking about buying one and selling the X. and was wondering if you guys could answer some questions for me.
1. what the difference between the 5.0 and the cobra 5.0 engines?

2. what is the difference between the 5.0 and the 4.6? like in hp and performance and what not

3. anyone selling a mustang?

4. anyone wanna buy an explorer?

i might not sell the X but im thinking about it. i can sell the X and buy a 92gt with less milage.
the explorer is getting to a point where its going to start haveing major mechanical problems. and im about to move away and cant afford to have a broken down car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why is it going to have mechanical problems? Why is a '92 Mustang exempt from having the same problems?

Just something to think about.

You must have ALOT of miles to be having "major mechanical problems". The only thing major that happens to explorers is the tranny.

Stock for stock, a 4.6 is faster, has more hp, but has like 3 ft./lb. less torque than the 5.0. It revs higher too.

A stock 5.0 is like 225HP i think. Some people speculate that the cobra 5.0 had like 255-265 HP when in the official specs it only had 235.

well yes i was refering to the tranny. and with the way i drive ill blow a rod eventually. im not sayin a stang is exempt from problems but for 7000$ i could get one with many less miles on it.

and with the 5.0 cobras whats the mechanical difference? does it have more valves like the 4.6 cobra has?

Heh you got me on that one. I thought it was just a different type of intake.

ok i just talked to my friend and apaerently the 93 cobras only had a different intake manifold and headers.
i still like em though.

I don't know if you're still looking for info, but if you are Stangnet has a really good messageboard

Back