A lot to do in a short amount of time. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A lot to do in a short amount of time.

iAaronHD

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
01' Explorer Sport
Hey guys, I have a lot of things to do in about a weeks time. I need to have everything on my truck in good working condition because I'm moving to another state and I need everything done before I leave because I have to drive it. I have about a week to change my ball joints, inner tie rods, valve cover gaskets, brakes, head unit, and figure out some of the other things I have going on that need to be fixed.

I have an 01' Explorer Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC. I have some questions that I need answered as soon as possible so I can get to work. First things first, my truck idles @ 1000rpm, that's very weird, what could be the cause of something like that? Also, I had the truck inspected by a local shop and I was told that I had a misfire due to my truck needing new wires, I wanted to know what a misfire is and could it be caused by something other then needing new wires. BIG QUESTION!!!! In my explorer my driver seat recline is broken (it goes back no matter what), and the passenger side is stuck/won't move at all. I can't figure out whats the problem, I went to the junkyard to take the recline pieces from the seat of a 2000 explorer sport, but I noticed that my seats don't have the same recline piece, in fact I can't even see the recline piece on my seats. Please if anyone knows how I can fix this tell me, took it to the ford dealership and they said $500 maybe, that's outrageous!!! Also, when I turn the ignition, it takes a long time to start, could this be caused by the starter? PLEASE ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

EDIT: I also wanted to know I can put a message center unit in my ex.

Click here to see

Back