A question about replace speakers.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A question about replace speakers....

Laddy

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
I'm getting an '01 Yukon in the near future (and of course want to put a system in it because I'm either selling my current system with the car or just giving to to my brother because I want something a little better) Ok well the yukon has 8 speakers in it (9 counting the sub thats in it) Is it really necessary to replace all 8 or should I just replace the 4 in the front doors (theres a circle speaker and an oval speaker in each front door) Also what speakers would you recommend (right now I'm looking at JL XRs, MB Quart premiums, or good Infinitys on a 300/4 JL amp)

Subs I'm thinking either get some newer CompVRs, Solo Baric L5s, or JL w3s on a 500/1 JL amp or maybe a little bigger Kicker amp)

I havent decided on a cd player yet but it definitely needs to be able to play mp3 cds, and have an auxilary funtion for an ipod) I'm thinking maybe one of those touch screen clarions but don't know yet...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why? for best sound its probably best to replace everything.... thats like buying new pants for church, and wearing a cutoff t shirt to go with it.....

I've heard of a lot of people just replacing the front door speakers....

fine do that then, why did you ask if you didnt care to hear other peoples opinions?

Actually i wouldnt even touch any of the speakers. As for as the door speakers Yukon usually has pretty good sound, plus an aftermarket cd player you can control them. I wouldnt replace them unless you started to lose your sound quality. But as far as subs, go with the JL w3's and the 500/1. Nice setup Trust me :D and prolly after a while you may need to change the speakers because they wont be able to handle the intensity, unless you go with a new deck and can control them seperate. The clarion touch screen, wow. Get it, i almost bought one the other day. They are nice and just a little tricky to learn but i might be getting one in the near future. Just my .02 Cents. -TJ

monkeypothrower said:
Actually i wouldnt even touch any of the speakers. As for as the door speakers Yukon usually has pretty good sound, plus an aftermarket cd player you can control them. I wouldnt replace them unless you started to lose your sound quality. But as far as subs, go with the JL w3's and the 500/1. Nice setup Trust me :D and prolly after a while you may need to change the speakers because they wont be able to handle the intensity, unless you go with a new deck and can control them seperate. The clarion touch screen, wow. Get it, i almost bought one the other day. They are nice and just a little tricky to learn but i might be getting one in the near future. Just my .02 Cents. -TJ

yeah, I already know how to work the touch screen though because one of my friends has one. The speakers that are in the yukon right now seem louder than my kicker speakers I have right now..

Yukon speakers are nicer than other stock speakers, but they still don't hold a candle to nice aftermarket ones. And like jimabena said, you should replace all the speakers. Otherwise you can't really notice the difference, and it won't sound as good.

Back