A story and brake lines

colindo94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
OK....My buddies and I all piled into the X and went up to snowboard yesterday near tahoe. We snowboarded all day and decided to head home and on the way we started planning a whelling trip for the next day. We decided to head up the road to Wrights Lake off HWY 50 just to see how it would be for wheeling the next day. Of corse when we say we will stop at the start of the snow just to see where it starts, it never happens. So we all forged on after aring down the tires a bit and locking the hubs. The snow was really slushy and we were the only truck on that road. So when I baried the x we were srewed. After digging in the snow with snowboards and hands for about 2 hours some random guy on a snowmobile from Utah stopped by and gave us a small shovel and rack to help with the effort. Another hour of digging we were able to free ourselves. While we backed down the road through the snow I hit the brakes and there was no brakes. So I waited to slow down in the slush (or ice now that it was almost dark). We got out and noticed the front drivers side brack line has been pulled out of the fitting and brake fluid was gushing out. Now we had to get a trail fix goin just to get down to the HWY. So we ended up clamping the line with some vice grips and rebleeding the brakes to make it home. Well it worked pretty good except there is an intense pull to hte right when braking, but we tried to not use the brakes. It was an intresting day.

So the big question is what brake lines are you all running. I got the stainless skyjacker lines for 4-6" of lift. I need to find out if I could get some longer lines possibly. and tough lines. So any suggessions.

Back