4" Lift and Brake Line ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" Lift and Brake Line ?'s

J

John Dency

I finally put my lift on. I used BDS front springs 4", and I used a 3" add-a-leaf for a wrangler front lift, along with skyjacker 2" add-a-leaf, and combined them with all of the stock ones, and took out the bottom flat load spring. And made one spring pack out of it all. It sits level, and looks exactly how I wanted it too. I did what I could with the camber, but it's still a little negative. But thats just a caster/camber bushing repair. I think I need one that is more than 2, I think I need a 4 to get it straight. Right now I have 2" lift trailmaster shocks, whick are too short. But the front brake lines are my problem. I don't want to get new shocks until, I get my brake lines lowered. I know that Superlift makes a $115 fix for that, but has anyone drilled a hole a little farther down, and gently pulled on the brake line carefully, without crimping the line and mounted it down a few inches. Or is is the superlift brake kit the only way to go?
Thanks... John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't bother Mickey Mousing your brake lines. Get the longer brake lines and be done with it. It is a saftey thing!!!!

John....You are running 4 inch coils in the front w/out drop brackets? You must have NO downtravel left in your suspension! Wow! I can't see how that works. I would invest in some drop brackets ASAP. It can't be good for control or longevity of the front suspension.

------------------
HIX

I installed drop brackets too, all that is done. I'm just unsure of buying the superlift lines, or getting lines made at a local shop, or pulling them down some myself.
-John

I would have it done at a local shop since your lift is a custom job. Might want to get the rear done while you are at it. Did you make the drop brackets yourself? If not where did you find them w/out buying the whole kit? Anyway, how does the ride feel w/ all those add-a-leaves on the back?

------------------
HIX

take the add-a-leaf off and flip the leafs in the rear it gets my play wheelin softer ride

Thanks for bring up a six and a half year old thread. Glad to know you know how to use the search button.

Back