? about the battery

bigwayne3000

Reaction score
City, State
Frenchtown, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
ok so im looking to purchase this inverter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

i want to mount this in my car so that i can charge my cell phone when needed and also keep my ipod charged (i run my ipod off a cassette tape adapter.) my question is, when i plug this into the power outlet in my 99 sport, do i need to unplug it everytime i turn off my car or does the car automatically stop sending power to it once its turned off? i dont want to leave it running if overnight or for days at a time and come back to a dead battery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok but i also have just a power supply plug located at the passengers feet does that also always have power or will ni be able to leave it plugged in? how long can i leave it plugged in w/o having to worry about it? is a few hrs ok? the battery is brand new, i just changed it out in july/aug

Do you have an ammeter? If so, then check the current drain of this inverter while it's plugged in. You could calculate the drain along with the drain of the PCM, radio, alarm system, GEM module, keyless entry module, and whatever else is plugged into the inverter. A few hours won't make much of a difference if it's a very minimal draw, but keep in mind that it's winter time, and you will need as much available current as possible to start your vehicle.

I think you'd be plenty fine, I had a higher amperage one before, that required more power than a 12v socket, and I hardwired it into my 92, never turned it off, and always had PLENTY-O-POWER haha

Back