abs and rcs lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

abs and rcs lights.

gygantus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer xlt
I wrote an earlier textAbout resetting an ABS dash light.Now the RCSLight and siren is going off in my explorer.I have a 2008 ExplorerThat I just replace the front wheel bearings on. I plugged in the old Wheel bearingsAnd the light stayed on.How do I reset the sensors or do I need to have this looked at.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced mine last year and drive around the block twice and it turn off. Been good ever since.

Have drove about 20 miles and still won't go off.

Well I am going to sound like a broken record player. The way to remove any service light on the dash is to use a scan tool that can read and clear the codes for that light. Also even if the light goes off I would not say that it is fixed because the code is still stored in the system. The code needs to be cleared to see if it comes back.

If you go to your local auto parts store like advance auto parts or autozone and even some repair shops will pull and clear the codes for you for free.

With RSC, the light should go away after 100-200 feet of driving. If it's not, something is wrong. It does not act like a CEL, that needs to be clear. And yes, the codes stay in the memory regardless like Rcflyer said.

I wrote an earlier textAbout resetting an ABS dash light.Now the RCSLight and siren is going off in my explorer.I have a 2008 ExplorerThat I just replace the front wheel bearings on. I plugged in the old Wheel bearingsAnd the light stayed on.How do I reset the sensors or do I need to have this looked at.

Thank you to you both. I'll stop at an auto parts place tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what happens. Again thanks.

Went to advanced auto. Said the.speed sensors in both left and right have a failure. Is this a quick fix or what?

Back