ABS codes C2777 and U1901 after ABS Module replaced by dealer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bll129

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Limited
I have Sport Trac 2008 Limited 2 wheel drive. My ABS and Traction lights were on (solid lights not a blinking lights). Track button would not turn the Track light off and on. A code reported that the ABS module had failed communications so my local Ford dealer replaced the module. After replacing the module they read a code for Right Front Speed Sensor and replaced that sensor as well $1,720 total. When I picked the truck up Friday afternoon, the ABS and Traction Light was still on so the shop manager told me to take it home and bring it back Monday morning. I drove the truck to the get groceries and the ABS Light and Traction light were on. After a couple of blocks, the ABS light went off but Tracking stayed on. The on and off Traction button started working though. After getting groceries the lights were still off. I drove up the road and Traction light came back on and would not turn off. Monday morning I decided to stopped at O'Reilly and they read codes C2777, U1901, C1145, and B1342. I had them clear the codes and the Traction light went back off. Road down the road and Traction came back on so I head to the Ford dealer. I stopped by another O'Reilly's before I got to the Ford place and the same codes were showing again. Did not clear the codes this time and went straight to the dealer. The dealer now says that I need to let them replace the Instrument Cluster but the C2777 and U1901 seem to indicate Stability Cluster issues. It seems odd to me that the codes indicate a continuing ABS Module and Right Speed Sensor issue as well as Stability Cluster communication problems yet the recommended fix is replacing the Instrument Cluster. Has anyone run into this before. If so, what did you have to have done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW!!!!!!!!! I've not had those problems, but we had a customer in the other day with a F350 and she got a wheel speed sensor replaced, and it was $652.00 + as I recall. (There was some diag time involved).

However she had taken it to another shop, and they replaced a whole bunch of stuff prior to her coming to the shop I work for. They charged her over $1,500, which included a master cylinder, and brake booster, as best my memory serves me.

Update. Ford tech determined that it was the Stability Cluster failing instead of the Instrument Cluster. He installed a new Stability Cluster and the problem appears to be resolved.

Update. Ford tech determined that it was the Stability Cluster failing instead of the Instrument Cluster. He installed a new Stability Cluster and the problem appears to be resolved.
never heard of a stability cluster? is this located in the SJB? whats it do?

I never had either. It is located under the console.in front of the shift. I think it is also referred to as a Yaw Rate Sensor, it automatically sends signals to the ABS Module to applies 1 to 3 brakes controlled in sequences in order to make corrections to prevent a roll over. Apparently Ford thinks they are building Stealth Fighters that need in flight adjustments.

Back