• Register Today It's free!

ABS Control Module Help

ExcursionMJ

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Excursion
I've run into another problem with my Mercury, but at this point I can not say I am surprised. I honestly am beginning to question if someone has wrecked this and put it back together from some junk yard or mis-matched parts or were. But anyways, I have some codes. I seems that people tend to get these codes on Fords and I am not the only one. I did some searching on here and google, but it still hasn't helped me that much. Specifically these are the codes I am looking at:

C1236
C1235
B2900
U1900
C1805

I just got these codes recently. I had the C1236 and C1235 on the car, and I bought a new rear wheel speed sensor for the differential. I put that on and cleared the code and not five minutes later, the code came right back up. So I dis-connected the sensor, put some dielectric into the connection, made sure it was on and re-cleared the codes. Now I have all of these codes and no idea why? Could the sensor I put in there have caused an issue? Or is the ABS Control Module most likely shot and I just put a new sensor on there for it to finally tell me that?

I have never had cruise control since owning the vehicle. I thought once I replaced that back sensor it would clear the codes and fix the cruise, but it hasn't worked since I owned it. I'll say this, I will never buy a car with a light on, on it again. I figured it was just the rear sensor because they're known to go bad, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Could the wrong sensor/the sensor not being well connected cause these codes? Or is it definitely something bigger? Anyways my car is a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer AWD with the 4.6 L V8. Not sure how much difference that makes, though it should matter a little. I have no back sensors at the wheels, just the rear speed sensor on the differential.

If anyone can be of assistance, I would really appreciate it. If it is a new ABS Control Module, I assume I have to go to Ford to get it programmed right?

Edit: I just called and Ford here said $60 to determine if that's the issue. But, I assume they can only hook it up like I can to get the codes and try to figure it out from there or are they actually able to see a lot more with there computer. I have a pretty high end code reader, so I'm just wondering if all they will do is pull these codes and say yep that's it now give us another such and such amount and we'll fix it.

The abs module needs to be programmed to your car. Any ford dealership or ship that has the ids system should be able to do this.

Excursion mj did you ever figure this issue out please? Am stuck with abs vin mismatch b2900. Thanks in advance.

Back