• Register Today It's free!

ABS & Wrench lights on Solid ???

Zanymom

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mercury Mountaineer
I was driving down a semi steep grassy hill in a cemetery and now my ABS light is on solid with a wrench light. Does it just need to be reset or is something really wrong? I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer and never had this problem before. There were no noises or anything and I have driven it a bit afterwards tried to reset by the button in the car but it came back on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zan

I had a similar issue ended up being a wheel speed sensor going out. Finally my Ex would just spin because the traction control would engage.

I agree, most likely one of the rear ABS rings. Pain to replace, need to take the knuckle off. The part is like $15 but little bit of wrenchibg involved, including the parking brake.

I vote for ABS tone ring also. Although, my traction light was on also. I just let dealer do mine....about $350.

I had a similar issue last month. It was the tone ring. it was a $24 part from my dealer. My nephew dd the install for me, he had to take the whole knuckle apart to get at it too.

Amazing how such an inexpensive part can be so damn difficult to replace. My nephew had diagnoised it originally as a bad sensor...a bad $90 sensor. but I remembered reading about this issue here on this site. Everyone here collectively saved me $66.......

Back