ac problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ac problems

bhowes1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer rsc
I just bought my wife a 06 explorer rsc and I have noticed that when we run the ac it fluctuates between blowing from the front vents to the defrost vents. Ac blows ice cold you can still turn the speed of the fan down. Tried doing different combinations of things and it still wemt back and forth between the vents. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there directions or a forum on how to change the temp blend door?

Im an idiot I read the wrong part lol so would it be the air inlet door?

No, no, no! Probably not a blend door! Search this forum for the vacuum check valve located in the engine compartment. It's cheap to replace, under $15. Also a possible vacuum canister problem which is located behind the glove box.

From post #5 in the link I provided, check part number 18 (the ATC solenoid and manifold) and then trace port #0 out for a vacuum leak if no issues with part #18 which I believe leads to the vacuum check valve as mentioned in the above post. Your symptoms seem to indicate fluctuating/low vacuum levels that are keeping the doors from staying in one position.

Thanks flag gibby I will definitely take a look into it! Thanks for your help man

Back