AC Schrader Valve for High and Low side | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC Schrader Valve for High and Low side

hwydave

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 XLT, 1999 XL (RIP)
My AC Schrader valves are leaking; oil (with dye) on the high side and the low side shows bubbling. I am going to have a buddy's shop help me vacuum and recharge the freon. My question is: are the Shrader valve the same for both the high and low sides? Ford's parts number is YF2198 but does not specify if it is for high or low. Thanks for helping clarify my confusion.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My AC Schrader valves are leaking; oil (with dye) on the high side and the low side shows bubbling. I am going to have a buddy's shop help me vacuum and recharge the freon. My question is: are the Shrader valve the same for both the high and low sides? Ford's parts number is YF2198 but does not specify if it is for high or low. Thanks for helping clarify my confusion.
If they were the same, they would not be compatible with test set gauge hook-ups.

If they were the same, they would not be compatible with test set gauge hook-ups.
in some ac systems both high side and low side valve cores are the same the quick connect size is always different so you cant hook up the gauges wrong.
it looks like you will need YF2448 and YF3290. what I would do is buy an automotive ac service master core kit. you can get them for cheaper than two motorcraft cores on amazon. The YF2198 valve looks like that is the replacement core that's behind the ac pressure switch.

edit: spelling errors because I am having multiple computer issues where I cant post anything.

They are not the same.by the way there is a third valve on the filter case hose.

Verify on parts.ford.com diagrams the exact valve p/n

Thanks for the input. The Ford service manual says 19D701 and so it is hard to tell what specific part number are the valves. Looks like they might be YF2448 and YF3290. Will order from Rockauto and go from there. Thanks again!

Back