• Register Today It's free!

Accell 8 mm spark plug wires

Nonoy

Reaction score
City, State
Suffolk, Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 SOH XLT Contoltract
Anybody who has an opinion about the Accell 8 mm spark plug wires as a combo with Bosch pltinum +4 spark plugs? I can't get a Split Fire wires plug for my 1997.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to have a set of Accel 8.8s on my truck and I replaced them after about 20k miles. The insulation wore out, and I could not keep the darn boots from pulling off when I changed plugs.

I replaced them with Magnecor 8.5 about 30k miles ago and they still look and test out like new.

Go to Magnecor's web site and read their article (which is not too biased) about "The truth about spark plug wires". Don't believe the bologna that most performance plug wire manufacturers tell you about getting 10+ hp from wires....High voltage just does not work the same as low voltage...

http://www.magnecor.com

I've got those on mine with the Bosch platinums. (not +4) I don't know if they gave me any power but they're blue and they sure do look cool.

Is there any signifigant power increase, mileage from using the high output plugs/wires?

I have been happy with the jacobs wires so far,comes with spreaders and numbers,and were slightly longer.

Back